Saturday, June 8, 2013

Wow! What a Friday. Yesterday I participated in two shows for the First Friday Art tour here in Santa Cruz.

I hung new colorful acrylic paintings - 16"x16" works on canvas in the hallway at the up and coming University Business Park- where my studio is located.

The second show was at Greenspace, an eco-friendly home goods store- and the place that sells the Clay Paints.  Here I showed my larger 30"x30" Clay Paint Paintings on canvas.  The paints are made in Santa Fe, NM by a company called BIOSHEILD.   http://www.bioshieldpaint.com/

The paint, being made of clay has a rich earthy quality that I find very appealing. The colors dry a few shades lighter than when wet. My favorite color in the line is Onyx-a soft sensual BLACK!

My friend and fellow artist, Giorgia Siriaco also had a display of her clay paint paintings. People say we have a similar style?  You can see more of her work here:http://gioeucalyptus.wix.com/eucalyptus

No sales were made at the show, however Giorgia and I made a sweet trade at the end of the show. Score!

Addie admiring merchandise in the store.

Giorgia Siriaco with her clay paint paintings.

Up close of Addie's clay paint painting. 30"x30".
Photo courtesy Barbara Fasulo.


Giorgia already found a perfect spot for the paintings we traded!

...and these are the two I received in return from Giorgia. Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment