Saturday, October 12, 2013

 Open Studios 2013

Last weekend was the annual Open Studios Art Tour here in Santa Cruz. This tour brings over a million dollars into the community every year! People come out in droves to support the painters, sculptors and makers of the community. Every town should have such an event.

This was the first time I had an actual studio! Usually I show out of my house. Being in a public setting in a building where other artists were also showing made a big difference in the amount of visitors. It was a joy to see people's eye's light up when they walked into my world of COLOR! I intentionally wanted my studio to be a place of energy and vitality and I think everyone felt it!

My friend Barbara Fasulo stopped by with her camera and graciously took these beautiful photos to document the day. Many thanks Barbara!
I hope you enjoy being a part of the tour via the photographs below:

xx,



















1 comment:

  1. Hi Addie, so good to see how well you are doing in CA!!! I ran into George out birding today and he told me about your art and card line.... When I looked through this photo gallery, I have a similar flower painting in my guest room from 2005. I can't believe it's been that long since I've seen you, although, I think you moved before I bought the art piece. It was fun to watch the video of you creating - you look so happy and full of joy. Good luck with all your art and if you decide to go back to graduate school for teaching or art therapy. I do art therapy at the local nursing home here and it's pure joy. I think you'd be great. it looks like you're having fun with the kids too. Happy New Year wishes. Paige

    ReplyDelete